Wednesday 8th November

Landed into Heathrow, still an hour late; not good considering I couldn’t use the connecting flights section. I had to collect my bag, exit via arrivals and go back through to departures. Ugh!! Only two hours to do that. Security can be a nightmare at Heathrow. La la la, it will be fine. 

Arrived at the luggage carousel and (im)patiently waited for my bag. After 15 minutes I was getting very antsy, where was my bag like? This would be a most inopportune time for it to get lost. The travel gods had better not give with one hand only to take with the other. That would suck majorly! Connection flight is leaving soon and bloody check-in will be closing soon also. La la la, not panicking, no no no. Finally I see my bag. Grabbed it, tossed it onto a trolley and ploughed out into the arrivals halls scanning signs for departures. Popped into the elevator, out the gap and straight up to Aer Lingus desks. Check-in please!

Thankfully security was deserted, sailed through, even managed to grab breakfast in Wonder Tree. What was all the panic about like? Mwhahaha! Was served pancakes and Yorkshire Tea, had to take photo and send to Lu (a bit mean since I think her teabag stocks were practically depleted). Oh by the way, there are Christmas trees up in Heathrow! And decorations!! Hamleys and John Lewis are overflowing with them. How long was I away? I was sure I was supposed to come back the first week of November like!!!

Boarded Aer Lingus plane, again blessed with an empty row. The travel gods obviously recognised the stress they caused with the baggage earlier and want me to rest and enjoy this final leg. Landed in Cork airport at 11am to beautiful sunshine and a grand crisp 6 degrees. Bloody birrr!!! Still, tis good to be home, or so people say...  





No comments:

Post a Comment