Saturday 14th October

18:00 and my bag is finally packed, weighing in at 15kg, not too shabby by my standards. There’s a storm brewing outside, sleep is not going to be easy, but I need to catch some Zz’s as it’s a long way to Bali.

My neighbour very kindly offered to drop me to the airport at 05:30 tomorrow, however, foolishly, I declined as I felt it was far too soon to be leaning on such neighbourly behaviour. I’m only in the house a wet week like; might need his assistance for more pressing matters down the line, so should not use up all my brownie points too rashly. Instead I opted to organise a taxi. More fool me!

Far too many people decided to tell me horror stories of how friends or acquaintances of friends had got taxis to take them to the airport only to return from their vacation to burgled houses. Great! Not what you want to be hearing when you are now a brand new homeowner. Granted there’s feck all in the house to steal, but still!! Overactive imagination had a field day.

With that in mind I decided to get one over on the potentially shifty driver and ordered it to a different, but nearby address – aha! Genius!! Although the guilt will be overwhelming if that poor neighbour gets burgled while I’m away…


No comments:

Post a Comment